We all place trust in our healthcare professionals and require them to give us the best advice. These are the experts that know what to do when we are dealing with life and death situations. Their knowledge is what we rely on to feel better and move on with our lives.
Sometimes this advice creates severe injuries or causes the patient to die. In situations like this, your healthcare professional and their organization are required to give you the best care. This means that they don’t rush into decisions and pay attention to what they are doing. Any mistakes can be critical and lead to adverse consequences for you.
This is referred to as medical malpractice. It involves many different kinds of mistakes, including misdiagnosis, surgical errors, and not receiving the correct amount of prescription medication. All of these factors will harm your health. Situations like these are when you can file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Medical malpractice is something that doesn’t occur a lot. But when it does, the payouts and settlements are much larger. Last year, the Health Care Stabilization Fund paid out $29.4 million for 79 cases. These settlements show that medical malpractice does happen, and when you file a lawsuit you will receive a significant settlement for lost wages, medical bills, pain, suffering, emotional distress, and punitive damages.
A medical malpractice lawyer makes things easy by helping you with everything surrounding your case. We work with you to hold healthcare professionals and the organization responsible for their mistakes. Our job is to ensure that you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Call Palmer Law Group today at (785) 233-1836.
Why Choose Us?
The success of your case will depend on the medical malpractice attorney you choose. You need someone with the particular knowledge and experience that comes from working with these cases. This gives you the advantage of having connections to other doctors, investigators, and litigators that know what they are doing. You can rely on the Palmer Law Group to handle your medical malpractice lawsuit with skill and compassion. Here are some of the benefits we provide to you.
- Experience: The Palmer Law Group has over 60 years of combined experience among all of our medical malpractice lawyers. We have been serving our clients since 1979 and know what to do to give you the outcome you are seeking for your case.
- Track Record: We have handled some of the biggest malpractice cases in Kansas and use our knowledge and experience for you. Our knowledge of the law, relationships with the judges, and other players make us capable of handling any case. We will help you to get the money you deserve from your settlement, to ease your way forward after a medical malpractice injury.
- Prestige: Our attorneys have won numerous awards for their professionalism, performance, and skills. Our attorneys have received the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award by Best Lawyers for the last 10 years. This award reflects the dedication, professionalism, and personal attention you will receive from us. We take pride in the reputation we have achieved for our skill in the courtroom.
- Lots of Happy Clients: Our clients give us five-star reviews for our knowledge, professionalism, experience, and dedication. Our team works with you through every step of the case. We make sure that nothing is left to chance and are not afraid to ask hard questions. Our focus is on getting to the truth and making sure you get the justice you deserve. This is what drives us to do more for you.
- Locally Based: We are a locally based firm that serves the area throughout Manhattan and Topeka. All of our attorneys are from Kansas and understand all of the different players in the medical and legal fields. This means that we have professional and personal relationships that can benefit you. We use these connections to create successful outcomes for our injured clients.
- Service to the Community: Everyone at the Palmer Law Group gives back to our communities. We work with different nonprofits including Big Brothers, Big Sisters, St. George’s sports teams, and the Shrine Bowl of Kansas. We are about more than just practicing law and are focused on giving something back. You will find our caring professionals helping these and other organizations in their spare time.
- Free Consultation: Before selecting a medical malpractice attorney, we encourage you to take advantage of our free consultation. We will look at your case and tell you the best available options. There is no obligation and you will know what choices you have in addressing your malpractice issues.
How We Can Help
The challenge of pursuing medical malpractice can be frustrating. You are dealing with healthcare professionals and providers that will deny anything ever happened. They will allege that you are at fault and the situation was complicated by your actions. These people and organizations have deep pockets and use their money to protect themselves. We are the Manhattan, KS, medical malpractice lawyers to turn to in these situations. Here are some of the ways that we can help you.
- Level the Playing Field: We will level the playing field and make sure that you are treated fairly. Your injuries or the loss of a loved one arose directly from their mistakes. You need someone on your side who knows the law and will stand up for you. Our team focuses on your case and will hold those that caused these issues accountable.
- Knowledge: You need a medical malpractice lawyer that knows how to handle these cases. Our team has over 60 years of combined legal experience and understand what it takes to win a medical malpractice case. You will get the advice you can trust to help you to prevail in your case.
- Personal Attention: Many attorneys will not keep you up to date on your case and assume that communication as the case progresses doesn’t matter. We explain everything in simple terms, and you will always know what is happening. We listen to what you have to say and work with you throughout the process, always willing to answer your questions or alleviate your concerns.
- Favorable Reviews: Our clients give us five-star reviews for our knowledge, experience, and professionalism. This means that you will get the service and legal advice you are looking for. Our job is to work tirelessly for you so you can get the justice and money you deserve.
- Respected: Our team of lawyers is well-respected in the legal field. We have received numerous awards for our dedication, knowledge, and professionalism. This makes a difference as we use these qualities to create a positive outcome for you.
These are some of the ways that we can help you. Our attorneys at the Palmer Law Group are here to serve you. Contact us today at (785) 233-1836 to get your free consultation.
FAQs to Ask Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers
What are the most common errors that require using a medical malpractice attorney?
You should contact our medical malpractice lawyers if you have been misdiagnosed or have experienced drug, surgical, or anesthesia errors. Our team will go over your options and hold the healthcare professionals and facility responsible.
What are some other times when I should contact a medical malpractice lawyer?
Any time you suspect a medical error or complication is when you should contact our medical malpractice attorney. Some of the other situations include early discharge, ignoring/misreading lab results, not looking at your medical history, and not giving you the right dosage of medication.
What does it take for a medical malpractice lawyer to be successful with these cases?
The courts require that we must prove several things, including a duty of care, a breach of duty, and causation. All of these are necessary for our medical malpractice lawyers to win the case.
What is the first thing a medical malpractice attorney will do with these cases?
The first step is for your medical malpractice lawyer to contact the healthcare professional. We are seeking information on what happened, and this gives them a chance to fix the situation.
What are the odds that I will need a medical malpractice lawyer for a jury trial?
Most of these cases are settled out of court. The organization and professionals will negotiate with your medical malpractice attorney to create an acceptable settlement. Only 30% of these cases typically go to trial. It is easier to settle out of court so the organization and healthcare professionals can put this behind them.
What is the biggest settlement I can expect from my medical malpractice lawyer?
The biggest settlement for these cases was $20,100,000. Your medical malpractice attorney will go over the case and help you to decide on the appropriate dollar amount to pursue.
Contact Our Manhattan, KS, Medical Malpractice Lawyer at the Palmer Law Group
You need an attorney that will look out for you and make sure everything goes smoothly. When you put your medical malpractice case in our hands, you can be sure that our knowledge and experience are thoroughly leveraged for your benefit.
Contact the Palmer Law Group in Manhattan, Kansas, today at (785) 233-1836 and schedule a free consultation.