FREE CONSULTATION: (785)233-1836

Kansas Personal Injury Law Firm Kansas Personal Injury Law Firm

What to Do if You are in a Wreck with an Uninsured or Underinsured Driver


    In Kansas, what happens if you are in a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist? 

    Any auto accident can be terrifying but one that was another driver’s fault can make it even more frightening and difficult to navigate. The worry and stress after an accident can increase ten-fold if you find out that the negligent driver has no insurance (an “uninsured motorist”) or has too little insurance (an “underinsured motorist”) to pay for your injuries and treatment.

    Unfortunately, uninsured motorists are all too common on Kansas roadways.  Many people violate state law that requires all drivers to carry a certain amount of liability insurance. In Kansas, state law requires that drivers, at a minimum, carry the following insurance on their vehicles:

    • $25,000 for bodily injury per person
    • $50,000 for bodily injury per accident
    • $25,000 for property damage per accident

    Fortunately, you may still be able to recover compensation for your injuries if an uninsured or underinsured driver caused your accident—with the help of Palmer Law’s experienced car accident attorneys. Palmer Law knows how to investigate the circumstances of your accident and will assist you every step of the way with the insurance companies and medical bills.  Protecting yourself after an accident is vital and it begins with a phone call to Palmer Law for a free case consultation.